We provide stock options data for top US stocks from NYSE and NASDAQ, the data for Options starts with April 2018. Options data is updated on a daily basis, however, we do not provide a history for options contracts’ prices or other data. That means: for each contract, there is only the current price, bid/ask, etc. For example, for AAPL today (May 7th, 2021) we have 2439 PUT and CALL option contracts in our database.
To get the most recent historical stock price data use the following URL
To get historic options data, including a “from” and “to” field in the request. This will return, for each option expiration date in the specified range, summary information covering all option contracts with that expiration date along with details of each option contract. These details include both basic option data and the greeks.
- [mandatory] symbol - In the example above 'AAPL.US'. Could be any supported symbol. No default value.
- [mandatory] api_token - your api token. No default value.
- [optional] from - filters OPTIONS by expirationDate. Default value: today.
- [optional] to - filters OPTIONS by expirationDate. Default value: '2100-01-01'.
- [optional] trade_date_from - filters OPTIONS by lastTradeDateTime. Default value: NONE.
- [optional] trade_date_to - filters OPTIONS by lastTradeDateTime. Default value: NONE.
- [optional] contract_name - returns only the data for particular contract.
For testing purposes you can try the following API Key (works only for AAPL.US ticker): OeAFFmMliFG5orCUuwAKQ8l4WWFQ67YX:
if you need the data only for the particular contract, then the URL should be like this:
IMPORTANT! For backward compatibility, you should use ‘from=’ parameter with any value before the expiration date, we recommend ‘2000-01-01’.
Due to complex data structure we provide this data feed only on JSON format and as a result, you will get the following data:
For each Option we do provide the following information:
- Contract name
- Contract size
- Type: PUT or CALL
- In the Money: TRUE or FALSE
- Last trade date
- Expiration date
- Last Price
- Change and change in percents
- Open Interest
- Implied Volatility
- Intrinsic Value
- Time Value
- Option Greeks
Note: option greeks and some additional value are available only for options with expiration date Feb 15, 2019, or later.
We have API limits 100 000 requests per day. Each symbol request costs 10 API call.