We have two types of API limit: Minute API Limit and Daily API limit.
Daily API Limit
- The daily limit is restricted to 100 000 API requests.
- Each symbol request costs 1 API call. For example, multiple tickers request with 10 symbols costs 10 API calls.
- Each request to Technical API consumes 5 API calls.
- The same logic works for any multiple tickers API endpoints.
- Any Bulk API for the entire exchange request costs 100 API calls.
We reset the daily limit on midnight GMT time. However, we do not reset the counter itself, the counter will be reset on any API request right after the midnight GMT time. Before that, the counter shows the number of API requests on the last active day.
It’s easy to check Daily API Limit on your Settings page: https://eodhistoricaldata.com/cp/settings.
If you need more than 100 000 API requests, you can subscribe for one more the same package and we will increase the limit, while your API key will be kept the same.
Minute API Limit
Minute limit means that API is restricted to no more than 1000 requests per minute. It’s easy to check this limit with headers you get with every request:
- X-RateLimit-Limit: 1000
- X-RateLimit-Remaining: 999